The Newberry Pool Association is a separate association between the Newberry HOA and Newberry Commons.
The pool season is Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend. The projected pool opening each year, bearing any repairs or unexpected delays, will be on Saturday at 10am of Memorial Day weekend.
Please CONTACT CENTENNIAL MANAGEMENT during normal business hours Monday through Friday at 913-648-1500 ext 123, regarding all Pool questions.
Newberry Pool Association Rules / Member Responsibilities
Regular Pool hours are from 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Guests must be accompanied by a homeowner at all times. Maximum 2 guests per household.
- Adult Homeowners (21+) Swim Hours: 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. (every day)
- Adult Exercise Hours: TBD
- Children under 16 years of age shall be accompanied and actively supervised by their parents or a responsible adult at least 18 years of age, within the pool area.
- If your homeowner association dues are not current, your access to the pool will be denied until you fulfill your obligation. No Exceptions! This includes all residents of the home including minor children. No resident of the home may gain access to the pool using another resident’s pool card. This can result in loss of pool privileges for the pool card holder.
- Note: This does not include the special assessment until July 31st. If the special assessment is not paid by July 31st, pool access will be terminated on August 1st until the special assessment is paid in full.
- The pool may be closed during inclement weather (Thunderstorm Watch/ Warning, Tornado Watch/Warning) and for maintenance.
- There is NO lifeguard on duty. Users acknowledge that he or she makes use of the pool and pool area at his or her own risk.
- Climbing the pool fence is strictly prohibited.
- The following are not permitted in the pool or pool area:
- Animals including but not limited to dogs and cats
- Alcohol, food, drinks, glassware or any breakable objects. (Food and non-alcoholic beverages are permissible at the picnic tables. Please properly dispose of all trash in the round gray trash cans provided).
- Absolutely NO TOBACCO USE (Smoking or Vaping) on pool property (Lee’s Summit City Code).
- Diving, wrestling, acrobatics, rough play, horseplay, sexual activity, running, hanging anything on the pool fence, and music playing devices without headsets/earbuds (No Speakers).
- Only swim attire permitted in the swimming pool – no inappropriate attire, including but not limited to: thongs, jeans, jean shorts (cut-off shorts), revealing bathing suits.
- Using the pool furniture for a use other than how it is intended.
- Bicycles, Skateboards, Scooters, any single/double rider wheeled objects (except wheelchairs), and muddy shoes.
- Tanning oils and lotions will clog up the filtering system and cause pool residue. Do not use these products when swimming.
- Children not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper (disposable or cloth) and appropriate swim attire. Failure to comply can result in closure of the pool for 24 hours per public health department guidelines. .
- The pool cannot be reserved for private parties.
- Admittance to the pool and privilege to use the pool will be refused for: drunkenness, inability to care for self, open sores, contagious disease, perceived detriment to the decorum of the pool, improper attire, and/or improper behavior.
- A Pool card is required for entrance to the pool area. All residents should carry their pool card into the pool when visiting the pool, even when going with their neighbors. Do not allow persons without access cards to gain entry to the pool.
- Each household will be issued only ONE (1) pool card. If your card is lost or stolen, please report to Centennial Management as soon as possible. Cards are $30/each. Pool cards are not re-issued each year.
- If you require assistance or have any issues, please contact Centennial Management at 913.648.1500.
- For emergencies call 911! Non-emergency police phone number: 816.969.7390.
It is the intent of the Board of Directors to establish a policy that owners are subject to monetary charges for violations, and that owners will be made responsible for their actions and the actions of their guests or tenants while on Association property. (The Board reserves the right to modify the procedures listed below, if warranted, on a case-by-case basis.)
Therefore, the following shall be the enforcement procedures used when owners, guests, or tenants are in violation of the Pool Rules:
- 1st offense: The homeowner and/or resident will receive a written warning.
- 2nd offense: A $25 fine will be issued to the homeowner. The fine must be paid within 10 days or the key card will be turned off until it is paid.
- 3rd offense: A $50 fine will be issued to the homeowner. The card will be suspended for 7 days. If the fine is not paid within 10 days, the card will remain turned off until paid.
The following violations will result in suspension for the remainder of the season and an additional $50 fine:
- Violation resulting in injury to someone at the pool.
- Having alcohol at the pool.
- Letting someone in the pool area who does not have a key card.
Please remember all pool card are obtained and activated through Centennial Management. The pool board does not have any access to hand our or activate cards.
Click here to view the Pool By Laws
Newberry Pool Special Assessment
At the end of the 2021 Pool Season, the 20+ year old pool was found to be in need of a serious face lift. There are several surface cracks as well as a long horizontal crack along the waterline tile. After extensive research and multiple bids, the pool board and Centennial Management chose to work with Mid-America to do a pool restoration project. This led to the pool special assessment. At the February Annual Pool Meeting the information was presented to the community of both Newberry Homes and Newberry Commons. Every homeowner is responsible for $225 to cover the cost of the pool plaster, coping, waterline tile and other necessary repairs of the 20+year old pool to refresh the amenity to give it another 20+ years. The Interglass coating that was chosen has a 25 year warranty and has a smooth surface that won’t cause any rough abrasions towards feet or clothing. While the original hope was to complete the work prior to the opening of the 2022 pool season, it was not possible due to budget and supply chain constraints, so the completion of the work is scheduled to take place in Fall 2022. If you have further questions, please contact Kate and Caitlyn at Centennial Management.
THE MULTI-USE FIELD
If you need a wide open space for your activity of choice, then the Multi-Use Field is just for you. This field, located at 15th and Cape provides a safe and open space for football, soccer, kickball, wiffle ball, and Frisbee players. Field use is on a first come, first serve basis. Please clean up your trash and pet waste and take it with you to dispose of at your residence.
All neighborhood social events will be held at this location, unless otherwise noted.