This year as we began planning for our summer pool season we were under a mandatory stay at home order due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. With these on going conditions it has be a fluid situation that we continue to monitor.
The stay at home order has lifted and business and other entities are being allowed to re-open in phases with new restrictions and regulations set in place. We are required to follow Jackson County’s recovery plan to reopen, which is currently in Phase 1.
The pool board would like to extend some information to the neighborhood. Currently, the requirements and openings for pools changes daily. WE ARE and DO have to follow county/city/state guidelines, even though the pool is only for use of the Newberry HOA AND COMMONS.
Delayed opening – The actual pool opening date is to be determined as we wait for additional information to be released from Jackson County.
We are also working very closely with our pool company, Olympic Pool. They are helping guide us and work through how to implement necessary changes. There is a lot of information to dissect and implement with short notice so having Olympic’s expertise is invaluable.This is an unprecedented situation for everyone so please be understanding and patient and rest assured our goal is to open the pool, if possible.
As mentioned there will be many changes necessary this year and in order to keep the pool open we will need 100% compliance from everyone, no exceptions.
We will do our best to provide updates via email and at https://newberryhoa.org (for homes) or for Commons. You can also contact Shelley our property manager from Centennial Management at: Shelley@cmckc.com or 913-563-4723.
We realize this pool season will be different than in years past, but if we all work together and make necessary changes we can hopefully enjoy the pool this summer.
Here are some of the additional new rules that will be implemented for the pool to open and remain open this season. With such a fluid situation please understand all rules are subject to change.
1. AGAIN – Delayed opening. Opening date yet to be determined
2. EVERYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL NEED AN ADULT AGE 18 OR OLDER WITH THEM IN THE FENCED POOL AREA AT ALL TIMES. No exceptions!
3. Limiting the number of people in the fenced pool area based on deck square footage per county requirements.
4. In order to comply with new occupancy requirements all pool time will be advanced sign ups only. No walk ups until further notice. No exceptions. Sign up info will follow when opening date is confirmed.
5. No lounge chairs will be provided due to disinfectant requirements. Residents are allowed to bring their own chair for own use.
6. No food or drink, other than water, inside fenced pool area.
7. Swim at own risk
8. Zero tolerance policy. Pool privileges will be revoked immediately for any violations.
These rules are in addition to and update age requirement to existing pool rules. We can not stress enough that in order for the pool to remain open everyone needs to abide by these rules.
Please keep in mind your pool board members are your neighbors who volunteer their time to help our community and we are doing everything we can, along with Centennial Management and Olympic Pool, to ensure we have a safe and fun summer.
****Update: An error was posted regarding Age. All minors (Under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian that is 18+