Hello Newberry Pool Association members!
We have been monitoring the county’s guidelines for reopening and and want to bring you this update. Last week Jackson County released the specifics for phase 2 of their reopening. With this new information larger gatherings are allowed and swimming pools can reopen with limits.We are required to complete and follow social distancing procedures as well.
Our awesome pool company, Olympic Pool, has been working hard to get our pool ready to open whenever we have the green light. So, under the current Phase 2 reopening guidelines the pool will be opening this Monday June 1st at 10am with new rules and social distancing as required by Jackson County.
Please remember even though the pool is for use of the Newberry HOA and Newberry Commons residents only, we are required to follow all county/city/state guidelines.
Pool cards will automatically be activated for all residents that are current on their dues. Each homeowner is allowed 1 card. If you need a replacement card please contact Centennial Management.
As previously mentioned there will be many changes necessary this year and in order to keep the pool open we will need 100% compliance from everyone, no exceptions. We realize this pool season will be different than in years past, but if we all work together and make necessary changes we can hopefully enjoy the pool this summer.
Here are some of the additional new rules that will be implemented for the pool to open and remain open this season. With such a fluid situation please understand all rules are subject to change.
1. Delayed opening: Current opening day Monday June 1, 2020. Daily pools hours will be 10am – 9pm.
2. EVERYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL NEED A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGE 18 OR OLDER WITH THEM IN THE FENCED POOL AREA AT ALL TIMES. No exceptions!
3. SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED. No more than 30 people total will be allowed in the enclosed fenced pool area. The county strongly recommends that all residents stay 6 feet from others. At this time we are asking you to self-monitor and we will also monitor occupancy via our pool cameras. If this does not work we we implement a sign up system to reserve pool time.
4. With occupancy limits and social distancing requirements NO OUTSIDE GUESTS WILL BE ALLOWED until further notice to allow more Newberry residents use of the pool.
5. No lounge chairs or tables will be provided due to disinfectant requirements. Residents are allowed to bring their own chair for own use.
6. No food or drink, other than water, inside fenced pool area.
7. Swim at own risk
8. Zero tolerance policy. Pool privileges will be revoked immediately for any violations.
9. To allow more residents use of the pool we have suspended Thursday Adult Swim night until further notice
These rules are in addition to and update age requirement to existing pool rules. We can not stress enough that in order for the pool to remain open everyone needs to abide by all of the rules.
Additional information can be found at https://newberryhoa.org (Newberry Homes) on the Amenities page or contact Centennial Management, Shelley, at shelley@cmckc/com or 913-563-4723.
Please keep in mind your pool board members are your neighbors who volunteer their time to help our community and we are doing everything we can, along with Centennial Management and Olympic Pool, to ensure we have a safe and fun summer.